The Year of Faith is due to last from 11 October 2012 to 24 November 2013.
The logo of the Year of Faith has the image of a ship which symbolises the Church. The mast of the vessel is a cross with full-blown sails which form the monogram of Christ (IHS) and in the background is a sun representing the Eucharist.
The website of the event can be found here. It is available in various languages and can be consulted by smartphone and tablet.
The Year also has an official hymn entitled Credo, Domine, adauge nobis fidem.
A multilingual pastoral guide entitled "Living the Year of Faith" is due to be published in early September and pilgrims will receive an image of the Christ from the cathedral of Cefalu in Sicily, with the Creed written on the back.
The most important events of the Year of Faith, those to be celebrated in Rome in the presence of the Holy Father include:
- 11 October 2012, fiftieth anniversary of the beginning of Vatican Council II. There will be a solemn Eucharistic celebration concelebrated by the Synod Fathers, the presidents of the world's episcopal conferences and by Council Fathers who are still alive;
- 21 October 2012 will see the canonisation of seven martyrs;
- 25 January 2013, during the traditional ecumenical celebration at the Roman basilica of St. Paul's Outside-the-Walls, participants will pray that, "through their joint profession of the Symbol, Christians ... may not forget the path of unity";
- 28 April 2013, the Pope will impart the Sacrament of Confirmation to a group of young people;
- 5 May 2013 will be dedicated to expressions of popular piety;
- 18 May 2013, the eve of Pentecost, Catholic movements, both old and new, will gather in St. Peter's Square;
- 2 June 2013, Corpus Christi, the Blessed Sacrament will be adored at the same time all over the world;
- 16 June 2013 will be dedicated to the Gospel of Life;
- 7 July 2013, seminarians and novices from all over the world will conclude their pilgrimage by gathering in St. Peter's Square;
- 29 September 2013 will be dedicated to catechists on the twentieth anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church;
- 13 October 2013 will focus on the presence of Mary in the Church.