- establish a lay-led community which focuses on the celebration of the traditional chanted Divine Office. Pro Tridentina (Malta) is exploring this possibility.
- If you do not have a sympathetic Bishop or priest, rent or purchase a retail space or church and renovate it, adding iconography and seats for antiphonal singing. Pro Tridentina (Malta) is currently conducting a study to establish which places can be used to further expand the Tridentine Mass in Malta, and especially in Gozo which remains without this Mass.
- Celebrate at least Vespers and Matins on the Lord’s Day, and other services throughout the day or week.
- Offer catechetical teachings for adults, teens and children.
- Then find a parish that offers the most traditional Novus Ordo liturgy you can find and attend the Mass. This is becoming more of a challenge in Malta and Gozo.
- Be sure to engage in the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
- If possible, affiliate with a tradition-minded Tertiary or Lay Associate group.
- Find a priest or deacon who can help serve as a spiritual director, even from a distance.
Friday, July 14, 2023
Practical suggestions for traditional Catholics
This Blog has the following suggestions for those traditional Catholics who find themselves without access to traditional celebrations of the Tridentine Mass or after its suppression following Pope Francis' Traditionis custodes: