Saturday 5 November 2011
On Saturday morning, delegates and a number of distinguished guests (including Suor Margherita Marchione, MPF and Princess von Thurn und Taxis) attended the Tridentine Mass in St. Peter's Basilica. This was celebrated by Cardinal Dario Castrillón Hoyos (President Emeritus of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei) in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel. The text of his sermon can be found in the previous post (in Italian). Mons. Pablo Collino, Maestro Emeritus of the Julian Chapel Choir was in choir.
Just after Mass, I held private talks in the Apostolic Palace.
Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke (Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signature) joined the FIUV delegates for lunch. After lunch, His Eminence gave his benediction to those present.
In the afternoon, the XX General Assembly of the Foederatio Internationalis Una Voce started with the Address by its President, Leo Darroch. The 7 new member organisations were presented, they are:
- Ecclesia Dei Society of St. Joseph (Philippines),
- Una Voce Japan,
- Una Voce Portugal,
- Una Voce Natal (Brazil),
- Una Voce Cuba,
- Una Voce Albaruthenia (Belarus), and
- Una Voce Ucraina (Ukraine).
Leo Darroch was reconfirmed for a further term as President by acclamation.
The newly elected Council (including Pro Tridentina (Malta)'s representative) then proceeded to select the following officials:
- Vice-Presidents: Jack Oostveen (the Netherlands), Jason King (USA) and Patrick Banken (France).
- Treasurer: Monika Rheinschmitt (Germany).
- Secretary: Thomas Murphy (Ireland).
Rodolfo Vargas Rubio (Spain) had earlier renounced his post as Secretary due to health reasons. He however remains as a Councillor. I would like to take this occasion to thank Rodolfo for the hard work he devoted to our cause and the assistance he gave Pro Tridentina (Malta) in the past years.
Sunday 6 November 2011
In the morning, delegates assisted at a solemn Tridentine Mass celebrated by Fr. Joseph Kramer, FSSP at the Personal Parish of Santissima Trinita' dei Pellegrini.
In the afternoon, the FIUV General Assembly held an open forum at which a number of speakers delivered papers. They were:
- Fr. Joseph Valluari, FDP, who read a paper on the “private prayers” that the Priest says during Mass.
- Don Stefano Carusi, IBP, about the spirit and progress of the Institute of the Good Shepherd.
- Dr. Helmut Ruckriegel, a founder member of FIUV, gave a brief history of our organisation.
- Rev. Dr. José-Apeles Santolaria de Puey y Cruells, JCD (ABD), HistL, SMOM, on the value of Romanitas in the Traditional movement and the Roman Rite as a factor of Civilisation in the Western World.
- Mons. Valentín Miserachs, President of the Pontifical Institute for Sacred Music, on Sacred Music and the Centenary of the Pontifical Institute.
- Fr. Joseph Kramer, FSSP, gave statistics regarding the Priestly Fraternity.
- Canon Joseph Luzuy of the Institute of Christ the King, Sovereign Priest, about the progress of the Institute.
The XX General Assembly ended with the chant of the Salve Regina and the benediction by the priests present.
President, Pro Tridentina (Malta)
Councillor, Foederatio Internationalis Una Voce